top of page
Tax Assistance


To get free tax filing assistance from a trained local AARP volunteer, click here:

Internal Revenue Service
The IRS has compiled a very helpful list of issues, forms, and tax advice especially for seniors and retirees:

Free Online Filing
If your  Adjusted Gross Income is $62,000 or less, you can use brand-name software online for free to file your Federal and Vermont tax returns. (If your income is higher than $62,000, Free File Fillable Forms is available instead.) Use this IRS web page to find the online service that’s right for you:

Vermont State Tax Department
Here you can find printable forms and instructions for your Vermont state return:

Property Tax Adjustment
Even if you do not file income tax forms, you must file forms every year in order to receive a discount on your property taxes.   Click here for printable Vermont Form HS-122 (Homestead Declaration) and Form HI-144 (Household Income). Or complete the forms online here.

Note that the inclusion of any entity in this section of our website does not imply endorsement by Putney Community Cares.

bottom of page